Portrait in the (Recently Rare) Toronto Sun

Not the newspaper that is, but the actual sun, if you can remember what it looks like, after all it seems to have been on vacation or extended sabbatical this entire summer.

This is Alora, a native of frosty Winnipeg who's quite a skilled photographer herself, and she had all kinds of ideas and suggestions about what might be visually interesting at this location. When I have a subject with ideas of their own nothing actually makes me happier because a) I don't have to think as much and b) I know the subject's involved and interested. And that always makes for a better picture. So if you're planning to get your portrait done in the near future and have some ideas of your own on how it should be done, please don't ever hesitate to tell me. Even if your idea is pretty crazy!

Picture of young woman in sunlight, Toronto portrait photographer Robert Rafton